Above photo by Eclipse Sportswire/all other photos courtesy of Christine A. Moore
Christine A. Moore, the official milliner of the Florida Derby and Gulfstream Park, is back with some great fashion and headwear tips just in time for the $1-million Florida Derby on Saturday, April 2.
Easy-going dress fashion is the overall look for South Florida’s biggest day of racing, allowing you to have fun with an elegant, stress-free attitude. Below are six great tips to ensure your Florida Derby day is both stylish and carefree.
1. Go with elegant, flowing and free dresses and pant suits. Jumpers too!
2. Medium to wide brim hats are on-trend, with soft understated trim and just the right accent.
3. Think hat first rather than a fascinator.
4. If you choose a fascinator, the look should be clean and relaxed.
5. Great colors for the Florida Derby this year: Lighter side of neutral tones like cream, tan, taupe, soft pink and gray.
6. If you settle on bright colors, mix them together preferably, but solid with do the trick as well.